Tuesday, February 17, 2009

GLOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND

Falling in glove is a perfectly natural thing to do.
It is simple - a perfectly sweet line of lacy, yet prim and proper gloves to add that pink and soft touch, and an air of feminine mystery.

Enter Miss Numa, the gorgeous Designer/Filmaker/Writer/Actress/Photographer and the visionary who created the very dreamy & romantic collection that reminds us all of a time when women were women, and men were men.

The Roni Report recently interviewed the tri-coastal Renaissance Woman herself (she currently divides her time between Los Angeles, New York and Paris), as she jet-setted from LA to NY...

The Roni Report:
Miss Numa, what inspired you to create this line? Tell us your Glove Story...

Miss Numa:
I love gloves! They are the most fun, playful and feminine addition to anything you wear. They conceal and they reveal all at the same time. I created the line because I have been wearing and collecting vintage gloves for a few years now, but when I would go to purchase new/modern gloves I found them to be strictly seasonal (leather) and non-personal. I wanted to change that and design a line that played with sensual materials like lace and satin with an exceptional fit. This was the beginning of the vision.

TRR:
Well, the line is absolutely beautiful. I can envision all of the women in the world wanting to have a Glove affair!

Miss Numa:
Ah yes! And a Miss Numa glove affair is unlike any other if I do say so myself.

TRR:
You live this incredibly global lifestyle, shuttling between LA, NY and Paris. Have your world travels influenced this collection in any way?

Miss Numa:
Day to day women inspire me the most whichever city I meet them in. I love the moment when a woman puts on one of my gloves and transforms right in front me. It's calling all of us to remember our unique feminine spirit.

TRR:
Who are some of your favorite fashion designers?

Miss Numa:
I adore Tsumori Chisato. She understands luxurious comfort. She also blends embroidery and print in a simply sophisticated manner. Also, Kenzo Takada and Victor &Rolf. I'm excited by designers who treat their garments as wearable art and make bold choices on the runway.


TRR:
What design styles do you feel would compliment the Miss Numa glove line the most?

Miss Numa:
My gloves are great if you want to contrast a very simple outfit with something chic, or a very edgy outfit with something soft, or an upscale evening gown or cocktail dress with a most appropriate yet daring accent. And let us notforget with their special look and feel these gloves do great in the bedroom. Try it. You'll see!

TRR:
Are there any plans for expansion of the Miss Numa line?


Miss Numa:
I just launched my line of tuxedo gloves, because sometimes we want a formal glover instead of a casual one! These pairs are just exquisite. Black satin with a darling bow caressing your wrist.

TRR:
So when we're ready to be Glovers, where can we buy them?

Miss Numa:
http://www.missnuma.com/ and select retailers in los angeles paris and new york.


Love to Love You,
Roni♥

{In the photo above: Miss Numa in a self-portrait with The Tuxedo Glove}
{Below: The Original LBG (Little Black Glove) & The Goldfinger}












Related Posts with Thumbnails