Friday, November 13, 2009

THIS TRACKSUIT IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE

I'm a sucker for a man|boy or baby in an Adidas tracksuit. It has universal appeal and gives an air of "retro-I-know-what-I'm-doing-when-it-comes-to-style-I-don't-take-myself-too-seriously-and-don't-have-to-try-so-hard" cool. The tracksuit oozes just the right amount of masculine, urban fly-guy flavor that I need, and it's fashionable on practically every continent on earth.  This outfit can go anywhere!! I'll take the whole suit, the bottoms only with a t-shirt or the jacket only with a t-shirt and jeans. No matter. It is a fact however, that the ensemble is not complete without "shell-toe" Adidas Superstars !  Iconic rap pioneers Run DMC are responsible for putting this look on the map in the 1980's!

Available in sizes ranging from baby to adult and a myriad of colors from pink all the way to black, the popular 80's staple has withstood the test of time and still gets my vote! I think it's safe to say the Adidas suit will NEVER go out of style.  {I wonder if we'll be saying this about the Juicy Couture tracksuit craze 25 years from now!}


{THE TRACKSUIT - THEN}:  Rap Legends Run DMC in Paris
{A childhood friend of mine actually married Darryl McDaniels - the DMC in Run DMC}



{THE TRACKSUIT: NOW}
Little Boy Blue and Little Pink Princess Tracksuits
**Names by Roni**
**Suits by Adidas**
{{Too cute!}}

**On the red carpet: Actor Keith Robinson**
**Leaving Handprints: New Orleans Saints' Reggie Bush** 



LTLY,


 

Roni♥




Related Posts with Thumbnails