Friday, October 23, 2009

ARE WE IN HELLO KITTY HEAVEN??

First name, Hello, last name, Kitty is 35 years old!!! In commemoration, SANRIO is doing it big with a multi-dimensional exhibition and celebration of all things Hello Kitty!!  The exhibition is cleverly named, "Three Apples" - a nod to Hello Kitty's weight {as listed in her official bio}! How cute is this?!?  SANRIO partnered with over 80 acclaimed artists who were invited to interpret their creative vision of Hello Kitty in unique, original works that will be on display and for sale!! OMG!




This is a landmark event - the first that SANRIO has ever produced for Hello Kitty fans in North America! The entire exhibition {which officially opened today} will go from October 23rd to November 15th in Culver City, California {~aka~ LA}, is free of charge and will appeal to HK fans of all ages!!

If you aren't based in LA or at least bi-coastal, I suggest you hurry up & pull together a vacation, business trip or something immediately, and get here to see this awesome "Pop-Culture-Meets-Art" masterpiece!  I somehow missed the memo on the star-studded opening night event last night, and I am just too sick about it!  Looks like Paris Hilton and my fellow Taurean & HK lover Kimora Lee Simmons {with the adorable Ming & Aoki} were there.  I'm sure it was a spectacular evening and even more sure that the the gift bags were delicious! {I'll have to do some research to see what was in the bags}!  Suddenly, my weekend plans have changed...I'm going to HK Candyland - I'm so obsessed! I'll be there in my treasured Pinkhead by Tarina Tarantino HK necklace!!


LTLY,


Roni♥



{ Photos via:  The Food Librarian, Just Jenn , Flavorwire and Nitrolicious ! }
Related Posts with Thumbnails